Ohio's 1st Rural Historic District
19,881 Acres Listed on the National Register of Historic Places
Township meetings are held at 7 P.M. on the first and third Wednesdays of every month.
If you would like to be placed on a meeting's agenda, please contact the township trustee office with as much advance notice as possible.
MINUTES FROM 2019 MEETINGS
To read archived minutes, please click here.
What is the largest function of a township? Road maintenance Other functions can be police protection, fire protection, parks and recreation, zoning, waste disposal, control of weeds and brush, cemeteries and lighting.
Trustees are often asked which roads are considered township roads. Below is a map of township roads in Elizabeth Township:
- Adams Road
- Benham Road
- Hickory Hollow Road
- Hufford Road
- Lehman Road
- Marshall Road
- McCandliss Road
- Mill Road
- Rudy Road
- S. Gearhardt Road
- Sanders Road
- Shaggy Bark Road
- Weddle Road
- Widener Road
Within Elizabeth Township there are 14.39 miles of township roads, 36.21 miles of county roads and 12.4 miles of state roads.
Total Acres: 19,881 acres
Total Square Miles: 29.9 square miles
Below is a list of cemeteries in Elizabeth Township:
- Davey - Section 19 - Benham Road
- Davey - Section 7 - Widener Road
- Gearhardt (Sheets) - Section 32 - Walnut Grove Road
- Kyle - Section 20 - Tipp-Elizabeth Road
- Mann - Section 25 - Tipp-Elizabeth Road
- Kyle - Section 20 - Tipp Elizabeth Road
- McCKendree - Section 2 - Dayton-Brandt & Walnut Grove Road