EARLY CHILDHOOD PRESCHOOL & CHILD CARE
Contact WGLC for more information about our summer camps and programs!
We are also accepting students for the school year.
We are pleased to announce the opening of the Walnut Grove Learning Center at the Elizabeth Township Community Center. Directors Karen Leffel and Amy Hawkins have a combined 30 years of experience in the early childhood teaching field. We invite you to visit the center or contact us to learn more. Now accepting new clients.
- Educate first and foremost with the concepts of individualism and respect for all
- Curriculum and environment that promotes growth in social, emotional, physical, and intellectual areas
- Provide time for exploration, discovery, and problem solving
- Opportunities for children to find answers and search for deeper understanding of their world
- Establish and enhance relationships between teachers, parents and children
- Seek the fullest development of all children
Visit www.WGLC.info to learn more about the Walnut Grove Learning Center.
Our co-directors and head teachers, Amy Hawkins and Karen Leffel, are veteran preschool teachers with over 30 years of combined teaching experience. Their diverse teaching backgrounds allow for a highly developed curriculum. This curriculum, modeled after the “Reggio Emilia” philosophy, is thought to be the most developmentally appropriate for young children. Amy and Karen studied this approach in Italy, using eight days of concentrated class work on how children learn.
In their teaching careers, Amy and Karen have been able to adapt this philosophy to our American culture and this has led them to become excellent practitioners to the benefit of countless children in the Troy and the Upper Miami Valley area.